DeKalb , Illinois - East Lincoln Highway and 7th Street
View Map

A detailed image of travelers in a 1913 Stevens-Duryea, a high-end touring car of its time, is the centerpiece of the mural. The bright paint scheme of the mural represents that era in time as lively and carefree. The mural’s border is cut and painted to represent the original brick DeKalb arch. This arched monument was built by the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce in the 1920s along the Lincoln Highway.

Back to The Mural Project